|Astapa amok case|
|Date|| May 6, 1954|
That morning a farmer identified as P. S. had an argument at the cattle market with a relative of the village chief H. A. R., who was R.'s uncle, and with whom P. S. had a dispute for some time. The crowd intervened and prevented any bloodshed, but the 53-year-old farmer did not let the matter rest, later armed himself with a spear and went to the chief's home. He was accompanied by a naked woman, who served the purpose of nullifying the village chief's supposed invincibility. P. S. then killed H. A. R. as well as another of his family members.
When the chief's 14-year-old nephew R. heard about the murders he became enraged and went to the farmer's home, where he killed seven people, including a 3-year-old child and an 8-month-old infant, and seriously injured two more. Both, P. S. and R., were later arrested.
- ↑ Drama in Sampang, De Vrije Pers (May 11, 1954)
- ↑ Familievete kost negen mensen het leven, Algemeen Indisch dagblad (May 12, 1954)
- ↑ Negen doden als gevolg van twist tussen buren, Java-Bode (May 12, 1954)
- ↑ Drama kost aan negen mensen het leven, De Locomotief (May 12, 1954)
- ↑ Jongen van 14 jaar vermoordt zeven mensen, omdat zijn oom was vermoordt, De Nieuwsgier (May 13, 1954)