|Gondang amok case|
|Date|| November 23, 1935|
|Location(s)||Gondang, Dutch East Indies|
|Weapon(s)|| Melee weapon |
That night the man, who was from Dasan Kolohtumbuh in Bayan district, had an argument with his wife, because he was dissatisfied how she took care of him. Angered by this he killed her, as well as their two children, and then set their house ablaze.
Afterwards he ran through the village, set fire to other houses, and struck down the people rushing out of the burning buildings. In total he killed thirteen people, of whom three women died in the flames, and wounded three others, while eleven houses, eight barugas (small temples), and seven lumbungs were destroyed.
- ↑ Enraged Balinese, The Straits Times (December 7, 1935)
- ↑ Bloedige amokpartij, De Sumatra Post (November 25, 1935)
- ↑ Razende Balinees, Soerabaijasch Handelsblad (November 25, 1935)
- ↑ Amokmaaker doodt 13 menschen, Zierikzeesche Nieuwsbode (November 25, 1935)
- ↑ De amokpartij op Lombok, Zierikzeesche Nieuwsbode (November 26, 1935)
- ↑ Amokpartij op Lombok, Het nieuws van den dag voor Nederlandsch-Indië (November 26, 1935)
- ↑ De Amok-partij op Lombok, Het nieuws van den dag voor Nederlandsch-Indië (November 27, 1935)
- ↑ De Amokpartij, Bataviaasch Nieuwsblad (November 28, 1935)
- ↑ Amokmaker veroordeeld, Het Vaderland (January 24, 1936)
- ↑ Amokmaker veroordeeld, De Sumatra Post (January 24, 1936)