|Cause of death||Suicide|
|Date|| September 20/21, 1930|
|Weapon(s)|| Hard instrument |
Poikonen, who worked as caretaker of the defence barracks, was said to have been neurotic in the days leading up to the murders and had uttered threats against his wife Saima.
That night he killed his wife and children, the youngest of which was 2 weeks old, in the bedroom by battering their heads with a hard instrument, set the house on fire at around 2:45 a.m., and then committed suicide by drinking Lysol.
- ↑ Caretakers madness, The Canberra Times (September 24, 1930)
- ↑ Caretaker murders family, The Argus (September 25, 1930)
- ↑ Une tragédie en Finlande - Sept personnes carbonisées, Journal de Genéve (September 23, 1930)
- ↑ Furchtbares Ende einer Familie, Brünner Tagesbote (September 23, 1930)
- ↑ Familiedrama nabij Helsingfors, Maas- en Scheldebode (September 24, 1930)
- ↑ Tappis 7-liikmelise perekonna ja süütas maja, Päevaleht (September 23, 1930)
- ↑ Kohutaw tulekahi Soomes, Järva Teataja (September 23, 1930)
- ↑ Metsik meretöö Soomes, Waba Maa (September 23, 1930)
- ↑ 7 tapetud inimelt pölenud hoones, Virumaa Teataja (September 25, 1923)
- ↑ Soomes juhtunud metsiku roima selgitamine, Waba Maa (September 26, 1930)