|Born|| ca. 1976|
|Cause of death||Shot by police|
|Date|| November 26/28, 1998|
Aqdam, who was described as a "known hooligan", had deserted the barracks a few days prior, taking with him a gun and large quantities of ammunition. On November 26 he crashed a hijacked van into a motorcycle on a street in southern Tehran, and afterwards wanted to escape, but was stopped by police and passersby. Thereupon he drew his gun and began shooting, killing six people, among them three policemen, and wounding several others, some of them critically.
A large manhunt, including helicopters, was launched by police, which eventually located the 22-year-old in a suburb south of Tehran on November 28. After a shootout, in which he killed another eight people, including five police officers, he was eventually shot dead. The motive for the shooting is not known, though it was reported that Aqdam's parents had been convicted by a court in Tehran.
- ↑ Un soldat déserteur tue six personnes à Téhéran, Agence France-Presse (November 28, 1998)
- ↑ Un déserteur abattu après avoir tué quatorze personnes à Téhéran, Agence France-Presse (November 29, 1998)
- ↑ Defected Soldier Kills 6, Wounds Several, Tehran Times (November 29, 1998)
- ↑ Iranian Army Deserter Kills Six, Associated Press (November 28, 1998)
- ↑ Un soldado iraní mata a 14 personas, El País (November 29, 1998)
- ↑ Killer of 14 shot dead, DNI-NEWS Digest (November 29, 1998)
- ↑ Iranian police shoot serviceman after 14 killed in rampage, IRNA (November 28, 1998)
- ↑ Iranischer Soldat läuft Amok und erschießt vierzehn Personen, Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung (November 30, 1998)